Montana Hunters and Anglers Leadership Fund, a well known liberal extremist hit group, has a new ad up urging conservative libertarians to vote for Dan Cox in the US Senate race coming to an end. Why would Tester and Baucus staffers, in a margin of error race close race, start spending money urging votes for another candidate rather than votes for Senator Tester? Desperate Senator Tester is unable to defend his own record, and has to relay on fooling voters in order to get votes for himself–and this example takes the desperate attacks one step too far.
This is not the first time Tester’s mudslingers have been tied to helping Cox, and it is no secret that Cox is the Libertarian candidate who is generally thought to be a possible spoiler and the ONLY way Tester wins. The fact is, a vote for Dan Cox is a vote for Jon Tester and Barack Obama–not only has the press numerously reported on it, but Tester’s campaign has now with only days to go determined that is his last hope in winning a reelection.
The fact is, we are just as annoyed as you are of politically spun negative attacks taking quotes out of context. That is why we are going to provide you with the facts, the reasons why you should care, and allow you to make the decision.
Who are the Montana Hunters and Anglers:
Montana Hunters and Anglers” is run by Members of President Obama’s Campaign Leadership Team in Montana and Political Operatives with Close Ties to Senator Tester and Senator Baucus. The list does not include Senator Baucus’s
mistress scandal wife, but do include:
- Montana Hunters and Anglers President, Land Tawney: Member of Montana for Obama Committee, Member of Senator Advisory Panel, and lobbyist in Washington (I know, although campaigning against special interest as the number one recipient of lobbyist cash–hard to believe his insiders are, gasp, lobbyists).
- Montana Hunters and Anglers Secretary, Kendall Van Dyke: Member of a Montana for Obama Committee and elected Democrat State Senator from Billings.
- Montana Hunters and Anglers Treasurer, Barrett Kaiser: Former staffer to Sen. Max Baucus, Former consultant to Sen. Tester’s 2006 campaign, and DONOR to Senator Tester.
- Montana Hunters and Anglers Treasurer, Beau Wright: Democrat activist and long time Tester supporter working to push liberal agenda on the ground.
- Montana Hunters and Anglers Director, George Cooper: Donor to Senator Tester, Lobbyist for Forbes, Cauthen and Williams (The Forbes is Jeff Forbes, former Chief of Staff to Sen. Max Baucus).
Who is donating to Montana Hunters and Anglers:
Who are they working with: The League of Conservation Voters front group has spent millions trying to advance an agenda that would kill Montana jobs, especially those in natural resources that pay for Montana schools, and have PLEDGED to work to defeat Congressman Rehberg, by any means necessary including by promoting Dan Cox.
Why do groups of Tester and democratic staffer attack dogs matter in determining the ethics of Senator Tester himself?
Senator Tester has a long-standing problem with ethics. Despite promising Montana voters integrity and honest leadership, Tester has proven he is a typical career politician and will go to any length to save his job by cynically launching false, dishonest attacks using sleazy scare tactics in an attempt to divert attention from his record of supporting Barack Obama’s failed liberal polices 95% of the time.
- As he campaigned for Senate in 2006, Jon Tester told Montanans, “You’ve gotta have honest leadership,” he boasted “I’ve got the kind of honesty and integrity… that will serve Montana well,” and he claimed Montanans could “expect integrity and honesty” from him but has been called out twice in the Montana media for dishonest attacks and playing tasteless political games with cancer (Montana U.S. Senate Debate, 09/23/06, www.C-SPANVideo.org)
- In one attack, Tester claimed Rehberg “voted to eliminate funding for breast cancer screenings” but an independent analysis, published in newspapers across the state, showed that Tester’s attack is false as the legislation on which tester bases his claims in fact “did not eliminate funding for breast cancer screening.” Days later, Tester was again exposed in the Montana media for playing politics with cancer while voting for a cancer funding level far lower than the level for which he attacked Rehberg (Billings Gazette, 07/16/2012; CBS Montana, 7/23/2012).
- Tester hypocritically accused Rehberg of wanting to end Social Security “as we know it,” but Tester boasted that he is “the only congressional person who supported Simpson-Bowles, in Montana” a plan which would raise the retirement age, increase Social Security Taxes, and reduce benefits for many Americans. The plan demands tax hikes on families and job-creators.
- Tester even falsely accused a women’s group critical of his liberal tax-and-spend record of of having “lobbied Congress against child pornography protection.” (Washington Post, 7/31/11; The Flint Report, 7/31/11).
Why does this matter to you, the voter?
Jon Tester has made Barack Obama’s agenda his agenda in Washington. That’s not an agenda that works for Montana, which is why he would lose any head-to-head race with a Montana conservative like Denny Rehberg. That’s why his liberal henchmen are desperately and dishonestly trying to split the conservative ticket, hoping that Tester wins by default.
When a candidate resorts to advertising to vote for someone that takes votes away from his opponent rather than build votes for himself, it becomes a demonstration of the job he will do–and a job that he has done for the last six years–in Washington. It’s not only desperate, it’s unethical. Quite frankly, Montana deserves better.